The following statements and certifications are provided on our website for informational purposes. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Statement on Conflict Minerals
The “Conflict Minerals” Law was passed by the United States Congress as part of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Section 1502). The law requires publicly traded companies to report on the use of conflict minerals that are used in the manufacture of their products.
Conflict minerals are gold, wolframite (used to extract tungsten), cassiterite (used to extract tin), and coltan (used to extract tantalum) in mines that are controlled by armed groups in the covered countries of: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
As a privately held company, Motion Tech Automation, LLC and its dba Lion Precision, are not required to report to the SEC. However, as a supplier to publicly traded companies, we have performed the following:
- Conducted reasonable country of origin inquiries with our first-tier suppliers, and where minerals contained in these products have originated in the above listed countries;
- Performed reasonable due diligence within our supply chain to determine the origin and custody of conflict minerals.
As of this date, our first-tier suppliers have self-certified that they do not supply MTA with conflict minerals originating in covered countries.
MTA is committed to not directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups committing human rights violations in covered countries. MTA’s suppliers are expected to ensure that products supplied to MTA are conflict-free. We will continue to monitor all existing suppliers and new suppliers for evidence of compliance with this law.
RoHS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE
RoHS-3 DIRECTIVE 2015/863/EU
This statement certifies that Motion Tech Automation products do not to the best of its knowledge contain substances listed in the table below in excess of the Maximum Concentration Value (MCV) as outlined in the directive RoHS 2015/863/EU in force June 4, 2015.
SUBSTANCE | MCV
- Lead (PB) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Mercury (Hg) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Cadmium (Cd) | 0.01% by weight (100 ppm)
- Hexavalent Chromium | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Bis (2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) | 0.1% by weight (1000 ppm)
Products containing the substances listed above in concentrations below the MCV are understood to be in compliance with directive 2015/863/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 4 June 2015 on the restriction on the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronics equipment (RoHS Directive) in accordance with the definitions set forth in the directives. Motion Tech Automation strives to remain compliant with regulatory requirements through an ongoing review of raw materials, processes, and vendor evaluations. For more information regarding our regulatory policies and documentation please visit our web site at www.motiontech.com